20 January 2010

Field Service Anywhere - Setting the Record Straight

A recent MSDynamicsWorld headline notes that Field Service Anywhere is being discontinued. This couldn't be farther from the truth. In the actual article they get it right, Field Service Anywhere for Dynamics GP is simply returning to I.B.I.S. branding after being sold under Microsoft's name for several years. I write quite a bit for MSDynamicsWorld and have tremendous respect for the work they do. It looks like this is simply a headline space issue but I don't want users to be confused.

To be perfectly frank, Microsoft support has been referring users with advanced Field Service Anywhere questions to I.B.I.S. throughout the OEM agreement. This change removes a layer of bureaucracy and will ultimately make support faster and easier for users. More information about this change is available in the Field Service Anywhere FAQ.

Also as a reminder, this change has no affect on the Field Service module which is not an OEM product but a Microsoft owned application.