09 September 2005

You Have to Start Somewhere

This is the start of my new Microsoft Dynamics GP (known aliases Great Plains Dynamics, eEnterprise, Microsoft Great Plains Standard and Pro) blog. I have some GP stuff on my website currently and I'm still figuring out how I'm going to incorporate that into the blog.

Currently, I'm the Controller for Transit Televsion Network, LLC. We used MS Great Plains 8.0 standard and are on the edge of needing the professional version. Prior to this role I was a consultant with epartners and Stanley Stuart Yoffee and Hendrix, two Great Plains resellers, for a total of about 4 years. I held all the basic GP certifications, Distribution, Financials, Integration Manager, etc. Prior to that I used Great Plains at Darden Restaurants.

I've been using GP since version 5.0 and have blogged about GP in my personal blog, but I wanted to separate my personal ramblings from my Great Plains halucinations.

Just to be clear, I don't care about Axapta, Navision or Solomon. I have had a little exposure to Solomon and it's nice, just different. But I don't care, I use and know GP so that's what I'll focus on.

I hope you enjoy!