09 November 2006

The Sherpa is Back!

We're back with another DynamicSherpa video. This one is 5 minutes on preparing for 1099's at year end. There's been a delay in getting this one released. I wrestled with software and server issues, you name a technology and it broke trying to put this one together.
Then, while working through that, I found a problem with my videocast host. I don't have nearly enough bandwidth to host these on my server so I started using Podomatic when the DynamicSherpa videos started. Suddenly, I'm seeing videos that are not mine in the DynamicSherpa feed. Something got crossed at Podomatic and I was getting all these non-GP videos coming through RSS. Well, I've fixed that by moving to Blip.tv to host the videos. I was going to have a storage problem at Podomatic by year end anyway and I'm pretty happy with the Blip.TV folks.
The videos will continue to get added to YouTube and I'll add the YouTube links to the permanent Sherpa page soon. So now we'll have the videos available in Windows Media, QuickTime (iTunes/iPod) and Flash (YouTube), a little something for everyone.
Don't overlook the usefulness of these videos. If a party at your house runs too long, just start up something like the "How Do I Cut a Check On The Fly Without Using AP?" and watch your peace and quiet return.
I'm trying to make room in my schedule for the podcasts so I'm looking at Weekly Dynamics, Bi-Weekly Videos and Monthly Podcasts. That should be enough to keep me out of trouble!
Update: If you are using the RSS feed for Dynamic Sherpa videos, the correct feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/dynamicsherpa. This feed will always work even if I mess with the plumbing underneath. If you are using any other feed, please change to one above.