28 January 2007

Kimberly Tripp NOT at Convergence 2007

Update: Kimberly Tripp sent me an email. She has a conflict and WILL NOT be at Convergence 2007. Apparently there is a mixup on the Convergence schedule.
Yes, I was disappointed too, but we're trying to work out the schedule to do a podcast.

Last year I blogged that I'd love to see Kim Tripp at Convergence talking SQL Server. Well, this year, she's doing a Chalk & Talk at 1 pm on Tuesday, March 13th.
I have yet to see a bad speaker in the SQL Server track at Convergence.  MS always seems to bring out their best, perhaps because they want to be able to deal with the hard questions the SQL people in the room tend to throw at them.
BUT. Kim Tripp is one of the best SQL Server speakers I've ever heard. She goes really, really fast so you'll want the Conference DVD later to slow her down to a manageable level. I'm looking forward to seeing her in person.
For those who don't know, Kim is the one who was doing demos  during the SQL Server 2005 launch with a raid drive made out of USB keys. With this she could demonstrate SQL Server 2005 failover behavior with a very portable setup.
The SQL sessions are always crammed so I'll guess I'll have to skip lunch to make sure I get into this one. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Maybe I can get her to be a guest on the podcast!