02 March 2007

Office Front End for Dynamics?

Mary Jo Foley continues to find news on the Microsoft Dynamics front. I think I need to add a link to her blog on the main page.
This time its rumblings about Microsoft and SAP's new Duet product, an Office front end for SAP. If they can do it for SAP, why not for the Dynamics lines? Or in the words of the Orlando Magic during the Shaq era, "Why not us, why not now?"
My only fear is that it wouldn't cross all products but would be limited to Axapta and CRM for example. I know existing customers are saying go slow on integration and potential customers are saying integrate them already. I'm starting to come down in the integrate them camp. It's been a long road. You won't get it down to one product, it will at least be 2 (a light and a pro version) so lets get on with it.
Some products are already getting more love than others. For example, on the ERP side, Axapta is the only product with snap ins. Considering it's now been a year, you would think that we would see a few more. We deserve as much love as SAP does so put me down in favor of an Office front end as long as GP gets it. I really am biased and jealous of the AX snap ins so maybe GP should get the Office Front End?