18 June 2007

GP 10: Is It Loose Yet?

Computerworld claims that GP10 is available through partners starting yesterday (Sunday, June 17). The article is full of holes so I'm not sure if this refers to new clients only. (Someone in the article is upgrading from the non-existent version 8.5 and if your partner is open on Sunday somebody let me know.)
I suspect it's new clients only with upgrade disks shipping soon. The Dynamics website is touting GP10's enhancements but doesn't discuss availability.
The Solomon guys appear to be getting the shaft again. GP 10 is touted on the Dynamics main page and the new SL 7 isn't mentioned until I logged on to Customersource.
GP news has been light lately as we build up to the release of Version 10 and I took that time to go on vacation. I'm back now, rested and ready to give the site a good kick start.
Screen shot of Microsoft Dynamics GP user interface
Update: Mary Jo Foley says it's loose. She also reminds us that GP is going to an 18-24 month release schedule. That means that you'll have time actually apply a service pack or two before the next upgrade. But what will they talk about at Convergence?