18 December 2007

A Really Bad Day

I know for a fact that some of you are having or have had a bad day with GP. You're in the middle of an implementation or you're grinding through the start of the year end process, you're trying to figure out an upgrade and you're frustrated I get it.

In a bizarre wiring of the human emotion, we find solace and even humor, when other people's pain is worse than ours. This is why the 3 stooges are funny. In that vein and to show you that it could be worse, news stories today are full of word that the Quickbooks Updates for Mac for the 2006 and 2007 versions are eating data. Not just Quickbooks data, but everything on a Mac users desktop.

I have seen GP do strange things. I have seen reports of SAP and Oracle not processing payroll properly. I have seen near crashes with Quickbooks but I have never seen an accounting package update eat large sections of a hard drive!

No need to thank me, I'm just here to brighten your day.