17 December 2007

Weekly Dynamic: EFT for AP in GP 10

Yeah, I know, these things aren't always weekly. Send me a written request and I'll send you a refund.

Today we're looking at EFT for Payables in GP 10. So what's new?
  • Well the setup has moved to the checkbook and the vendor card! Click the EFT Setup button on a checkbook to access (Cards-Financial-Checkbook) and the EFT Bank button on the Address window portion of the vendor card.
  • More options are available for more countries which is a big plus
  • You now have an option to use EFT numbers and plain paper for your remittances instead of check numbers and check stock. We ran into problems when check stock remittances cleared the bank despite big, red, non-negotiable stamps, not to mention the expense. This is good news!
  • EFT for Payables now supports CCD, CCD+ and PPD+ in addition to others. That should stop some whining. (It won't)
  • There are 4 options for EFT formats for a single bank account, business, corporate, individual and foreign and you can control which of the 4 is used by vendor. So expense reports could use the Individual format and be formatted as PPD's and supplies could use the corporate format and transfer as CCD's. I'm not sure I'm being clear. If you set one up you'll understand.
  • Prenotes are optional
Two last things. I'm hearing that settings are not transferring well with upgrades. This means you should print screen your settings before upgrading. It shouldn't take much to reenter them if you have to.

Secondly, v10 offers an import/export option for settings. I don't think that this is in 9.0 but I'll look tomorrow.

I don't have enough experience with the 10 version yet to highlight any quirks but it certainly appears more flexible than it's 9.0 counterpart.