21 April 2008

Big Summer Coming

There's a lot coming out this summer. GP is releasing it's feature pack that include the Quickbooks migration. I was ambivalent about this but I'm hearing good things about the QB migration. One thing I'm hearing is that the templates could be used for other migrations but we'll see once we get our hands on it.

GP 10 is due to get a Service Pack in the not too distant future. This will make sure that GP 10 plays nicely with SQL Server 2008 among other things.

Also due out this summer is SQL Server 2008. I think that this is an important release because it's evolutionary. Folks have had time to digest the significant changes in 2005 and the tools improve in 2008 but not as radically. Perhaps a few more 2000 boxes will get retired now.

There is also a service pack due out for Performance Point soon according to Charlie Maitland's blog.

It's going to be a big summer for software updates and I'm looking forward to it!