24 July 2008

Dynamics GP iPhone Apps, Apple Cool for Apple $

MyAccountsToGo for Dynamics GP (and SAP) holds the distinction of being an accounting app cool enough for the iPhone. MyAccountsToGo lets you connect to DynamicsGP (or some German accounting thing that's short for "sucker", but who cares about them) for access to Customer Master, Addresses, Statements, SOP Transactions and Item Master records.

I have to say that I like what little I've seen of the interface. Of course, it runs on Apple so everyone is focused on the roughly $450 price. Things like, "App is more than the whole phone" are being written. Let me tell you, it's a lot cheaper than buying laptops for all your salespeople, that's for sure. I've also heard that Apple may be getting a typical 30% payout on AppStore applications so that factors into the price as well.


There is a demo version if you want to play with with. I'm iPhoneless for good reasons so I don't get to play, but if you try it, let me know how it works.

[HT to Michael Johnson for the gizmodo link.]