24 November 2008

A DynamicAccounting.net Thanksgiving Update

I'm on vacation this week and we're celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US so posting may be light. Then again, I may have more time to post! Here's a bunch of quick thoughts.

  • Thanks to David Musgrave for the nice shoutout post. I've gotten a number of nice complements privately from folks lately and compliments are always appreciated.
  • I've had some firewall issues posting from a particular location recently so I've had to post via email which limits my formatting ability. My apologies to anyone who got a post without links. That was the reason. I'm updating any missing links and categories today.
  • I'm really happy to have found some consistency posting Weekly Dynamics tips. Currently I've got tips ready through the end of the year and I expect to have more to come.
  • I'm thrilled to see David and Mariano and Vaidy and Jivtesh and others all posting more development related information for GP. I'll continue to point to their terrific posts but I'm also going to continue to be focused on helping Dynamics GP users and administrators get the most out of Dynamics GP. We still don't have enough bloggers in that arena but it's nice to see Victoria Yudin posting regularly and I'm happy to have the Dynamics GP Land bloggers jumping in as well. It's also nice to have some "official" GP blogs from the US and UK field teams
  • I'm also thrilled to see Dwight Specht posting since his posts are generally at a whole different level and I love the change in perspective.
  • I'm really wrestingling with how to continue the podcasts and video casts. The transition back to consulting was harder than I thought from a time management perspective. Juggling travel, re-certification, new certifications and everything else has made it hard but I'm still committed to doing them. I just have to figure how to simplify the process. None of you want to hear a podcast recorded in a crowed airport!
  • I'm also still wresting with what to post on our I.B.I.S. ERP blog versus my personal blog but that will sort itself out here over the next serveral months.
I want to say that I'm thankful to all of you who read this blog, write your own blog, provide support on the newsgroup and in the communities. When I started working with GP there was very little assistance available short of partner or Great Plains support. Since I couldn't find any consistent GP blogs, I decided to start one. Now there are a number of very good blogs out there supporting Dynamics GP and I'm no longer feeling lonely so I'm very grateful for all of your efforts.