08 May 2009

All Microsoft Dynamics Solutions Lead to the Future

Kiril Tatarinov, Microsoft Corporate VP of Microsoft Business Solutions and Mr. Dynamics to the rest of us has a new artcile up this week. It rah-rah but we all need a little rah-rah now and then. Sometime these types of communication worry me. I'm not feeling concerned about Microsoft's commitment to business solutions. If anything, what I see on twitter and blogs is that MS has moved solidly into the number 3 slot behind SAP and Oracle. Not a bad place to be considering that while there is some overlap, it's not the same market. But when Kiril feels the need to reassure me, I get nervous.

Personally, I'd rather see Kiril twitter than release well scrubbed reassurances. Authenticity and vulnerability provide an opportunity to get past the cyncism often directed at corporations as a whole. It's harder to hate a person than a company and it's really hard to hate a person once you really get to know them. If Kiril wants to break down walls and reach partners and customers we're going to need more frequent, smaller communications. Actually, that's not a bad idea for any of us.