10 December 2009

Weekly Review: Support Administrators Console

In case you missed it, GP has an optional program on the CD called the Support Administrator Console. Essentially, this a SQL Query Analyzer type application done in a GP style. It doesn't use the GP encrypted logins, only a regular SQL login. This makes it pretty safe and easy to install on your user's desktops.

The Administator Console can access non-GP SQL databases as well. I install it on all my user's desktops. That way, if I'm helping them with an issue and I need to see the tables, I don't have to run around the building looking for a machine with Query Analyzer on it. The console was available in versions 7.5 and beyond (I can't recall if it was in 7.0 or not).




 











riginally Posted by Mark 6/30/2006 02:16:00 PM