12 March 2010

A Word About Backups

I was worried that too many of you don’t care enough about backups. Based on the small number of responses to our latest Facebook poll I’m right. You either don’t know or don’t care enough to even vote in the poll. It makes me wonder about your backups.

In many companies, the problem is that Finance is responsible for the financial system, not I.T. Consequently, I.T often washes its hands of backing up financial data. Backing up Dynamics GP is important. Whether it is your responsibility to manage the backup or not, the risk management requirements placed on finance and accounting departments and your responsibility for the financial statements means that you have a requirement to understand how you Dynamics GP data is being preserved..

I’ll  leave the poll up for a few days to let the guilt set in and then I’ll put a new one up.