27 April 2010

Reflections on Convergence 2010

I’m sitting at the airport exhausted after Convergence 2010 so I’m disclaiming responsibility for anything dumb that I say. I want to get these thoughts out before I lose them.
  • The excitement around Dynamics GP 2010 was incredible. There was an electricity in the air that I’ve never seen with a GP release. Several clients who are typically one release behind are now pushing to go GP 2010 now. And I mean pushing. You know who you are.
  • There was a surprising amount of excitement around the AX retail solution. I suspect that AX will see an uptick as manufacturers with some retail presence move in that direction.
  • The Support Debugging Tool is officially top of mind for a ton of customers. David Musgrave and Mariano Gomez’s sessions were phenomenal. They did a fantastic job and looked like they were have a lot of fun. Well done gentlemen.
  • At one point we had Mariano Gomez, Frank Hamelly, Leslie Vail, me and David Musgrave at lunch together. If the chicken had been bad the GP blogosphere would have been very quiet. Fortunately, the chicken was delicious.
  • All versions of the 50 tips presentations were a big hit and it seems to have been a breakout year for the buzz around this session. I’m very grateful to Errol and Pam at Microsoft and Andy at I.B.I.S. for giving me the opportunity to do this. I’d  like the opportunity to come back and do something similar.
  • Roughly 800 people saw EACH VERSION of the 50 tips.
  • Please remember, attending the 50 tips sessions automatically makes you more attractive. Doubly so if you sat near the front.
  • Presenting 4 sessions is more than twice as hard as presenting 2.
  • I had the chance to meet Andy Nifong, Matt Landis and a host of other people that I see on blogs and twitter. How come all of you are better looking in person and I’m not?
  • If you see any Facebook photos of me leaving the women’s restroom, assume that they were photoshopped.
  • If you haven’t filled out your evaluations you still can. Hurry.