25 May 2010

Dynamics GP 2010 Excel Based Table Reference

My Excel based table references for Dynamics GP 9 and Dynamics GP 10 have been downloaded more than 3,000 times so some of you like them. Now I’m happy to announce the availability of the Excel based table reference for Dynamics GP 2010.

This version is in the Excel 2007 and up XLSX format since most people upgrading to the latest version of Dynamics GP will be moving to newer versions of Microsoft Office. There are viewers and converters available if you are on an earlier version of Excel. If you desperate want an XLS version send me an email and I’ll send you one.

As before, this tool shows all of the tables in Dynamics GP based on their Module and Series. This versions gets a few enhancements. Specifically, each of the lists already has filter handles, better identification is provided for modules in the core Dynamics dictionary and modules in the Dynamics dictionary get their own tab in addition to having a tab for each series.

Some people really get this tool and some don’t. Yes, all of this information is available in Dynamics GP | Tools | Resource Descriptions. Yes, it’s all available in the SDK and the Support Debugging Tool. But there are time when I’m writing reports or code and I don’t want to take the time to open Dynamics GP just to find a table name. There also times when I’m not sure what table I need and the search functions in Excel are a huge help.

I have to give a big thanks to David Musgrave. New features in the Support Debugging Tool made compiling this file significantly faster. It’s still time consuming but it’s hours not days.

Enjoy!