07 July 2010

Getting Table and Field Data out of Dexterity Dictionaries in Dynamics GP

David Musgrave has a new post up today with Dexterity code that can be used with the Support Debugging Tool to pull out a list of all of the table and field names and basic characteristics from a Dynamics GP installation. The table data is essentially the same as the information in my GP table references but the field data is new.

Emulating Microsoft’s embrace and extend style I’ve run this on a full GP 2010 install with only the Support Debugging Tool as an add on. I’ve added the information to my table reference for GP 2010 so you can have both table and field information in one place.You will have to download it to get the field reference. The field information is too big for the Excel app online. I’ve updated the link in the Downloads area as well.

This means that I’m leaving the classic GP 2010 table reference available as an online reference but the downloadable version now includes fields as well.