So you are running Project Accounting. You purchase materials for your project and you want to include use tax paid for those line items in the appropriate project. Well, with Dynamics GP 10 it's not all that hard to do. I'll be putting out Use Tax paper soon with every last detail but for those of you with a little experience, here are the steps.
- Run the Use Tax amount through AP
- Apply this amount to a PO receipt via Landed Cost
- Landed cost can be used to calculate the Use Tax amount and apply it to line items based on the value of the line item.
- If you apply the line items directly to a project, the landed cost total flows through to Project Accounting.
- If you simply post the amounts to inventory with landed cost applied, that cost flows through to Project Accounting when transferring inventory amounts to PA using the inventory transfer functionality.
Posted by Mark at 3/16/2009 10:00:00 AM