Sometimes you need to find a particular amount that could be either a debit or credit. Maybe it’s a rogue transaction or a posted amount that went to a wrong account and you just can’t find it.
Well, this is easy to do with a SmartList. All you have to do is:
- Open up the default Financial | Account Transactions SmartList
- Open the Search window
- Set Debit Amount equal to the amounts your looking for.
- Repeat this with Credit Amount
- Set the Search Type to Match 1 or More. This is an “or” setting meaning that it will find transactions where Debit Amount or Credit Amount equals the amount entered.
- Further refine the search limiting it to certain accounts or dates