02 August 2011

Welcome to Our New Employees

We had our annual I.B.I.S. day company event last Friday and I had the opportunity to spend some time with our new Dynamics GP hires. They are a mix of college hires and folks with experience. Now they get to learn Dynamics GP.
Frankly, they all scare me. Everyone one of them learns too fast and is way too hungry. I’m not sure how I’m going to stay ahead.
Many of you have seen David Duncan and Chris Liley’s Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Reporting book. David was a college hire three years ago. Now he’s co-written a book and he knows more about GP Analysis Cubes than I do. Do you see what I’m dealing with here?
I can’t tell you how happy I am that I worked to pass the GP 2010 certifications last year because this latest group is going to have them done in record time. Plus, their Dynamics GP training is being augmented with more real world work during their training period. This group is going to be hitting the ground running faster than ever.
All I can say is that I’m looking forward to working with every one of you. I appreciate your enthusiasm and your willingness to learn. Try not to make me look too bad as you pass me by.