02 February 2012

“…you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?”

Steve Chapman goes all Dirty Harry on Report Writer with “…you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?”

It’s not that I don’t like Report Writer, I’m certified in it, I’ve written reports from scratch in it (not just modified existing reports) and modified more reports than I care to count. I just prefer newer options.

In high school I owned a ‘73 Mustang. The big one with a hood as long as your house. It was a lot like Report Writer. It ran fine and was very fast…in a straight line. Sure you could turn it if you like sliding but it wasn’t recommended. It also had this annoying habit of dripping ice cold AC condensation on the legs of the passenger when you turned corners. (Another reason not to turn.)

I figured if I ever wanted a second date I needed to upgrade my ride. Report Writer is a lot like that. It runs fine. It isn’t as nimble as newer options and it occasionally pours cold water on people. If all you know how to use is Report Writer, it’s time to upgrade your ride.