While these are 8 great reasons, I'm forced to ask 'only eight?'. Clearly we are missing a few like:
- The opportunity to refer to me as "Mr. Sexy Pants" in public. MVP Frank Hamelly is already on board and does this frequently. Dwight isn't ready for this yet, he's still working through hair issues.
- The chance to be publicly humiliated by new presenter, Huber Cooney. Huber and I go way back. He only gets to present this year because the conference is within range of his ankle monitor. Don't worry, he'll be fine in sessions, but at the bar after...well...you know that scene from Roxanne with the nose insults, Huber can, and regularly does, put that to shame. [This is the YouTube link for the young uns in the room.]
- 50 more tips for Dynamics GP. Yes, I dug up 50 new ones just for you. Bring a napkin, some of these will make you drool. In all seriousness, folks regularly say "this presentation was worth the cost of the conference." If its not, Huber will give you your money back.
- The fun of calling Andy Snook of Fasthpath "Snooki" and then buying him a Jack Daniels as an apology.
- The opportunity to learn a lot more about Dynamics GP, Microsoft Excel and how they both fit together as slices of an awsome pie.
- The chance to build relationships that help you get your questions answered after you go back home. It's much easier to get John Lowther, Mariano or me to answer your question when we can put a face to a name.
- The chance to hang with Bob McAdam who is a genuinely nice guy, despite being a Bucs fan.
- Seeing what Huber (and probably Dwight) will do to me as payback for this post.