16 October 2007

Steve Gray Takes on SQL Optimization

Steve Gray of 4Penny.net gets pointed to quite a bit here. Of course, I've stood over Steve's shoulder and told him what I wanted while he wrote some really complex SQL Stored Procs for Crystal Reports. I also called him to help me write the core of our daily balancing routines. So I have a lot of respect for Steve and his abilities and he's never hauled off and hit me, despite the fact that I can be a pain. That's always a plus.

In keeping with what is inadvertently becoming SQL week (month!?!) here at DynamicAccounting.net, Steve has a nice, easy to understand post on SQL Optimization, and links back to a much more complete post on SQL troubleshooting. All I can say is clean up your SQL now, because soon it will be year end time and upgrade time and you don't want to be worrying about a slow SQL server then! OK, I'm off to look at my SQL server.