17 March 2009

CCH Gets Use Tax

Continuing my look at interesting things from the expo at Convergence 2009, I've been working on a use tax document detailing how to deal with use tax using only core Dynamics GP functionality but I wanted to recommend something that would provide a more seamless experience for those with significant use tax needs.

The folks at CCH have dedicated use tax functionality in their CorpSystem Sales Tax Office product. This has been tough to find when talking to other vendors. When I read through their white paper I could see that someone had really given this some thought and not just thrown use tax in with sales tax. Finally I talked to some folks at I.B.I.S. who had implemented CCH's CorpSystem product and they some very nice things to say about it. So now I've found a recommendation for those with more than modest use tax needs and I can wrap up my use tax paper and get it posted.