14 November 2011

Reflections on the GPUG Summit 2011

This was a fun Summit. I met a ton of people and I reconnected with a bunch as well. I’ve decided to just catch up everything I missed today so buckle up.

Before that happens though I wanted to highlight a few things from the conference.

  • I’ve learned that it’s really hard for me to blog, tweet and update Facebook effectively when I’m doing a lot of speaking at a conference. Especially with a 3 hour time difference. I was hoping that some new folks would help pick up the slack. You’ll have to be the judge of whether or not that worked.
  • The second slide of EVERY one of my presentations pushes people to blog/tweet/facebook if they are having fun. Occasionally it works. I intend to flog that until it does.
  • It’s really hard to get the word out about new things like the 3+ year old Support Debugging Tool or the 18 month old Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Cookbook or an ISV solution.
  • The Microsoft team deserves kudos for taking shots in the GPUG Summit and GPPC town halls.
  • Most folks did pretty well managing Vegas and still making sessions. I’m impressed.
  • It was fun having CRM, NAV and AX attendees in the area as well. They party well.
  • The 50 Tips sessions still deliver value and still get people excited. I guess I get to keep doing them.