09 April 2006

I'm Quoted in eWeek

When I was at Convergence in Dallas, I met with Mary Joe Foley of ZDNet and answered a few questions. Now a quote of mine appears on page 32 of the April 3 issue of eWeek. The article is here but I have to say, it's much cooler to see it in print than on the web. After all, anyone can put something on the web (insert ironic chuckle here).

The beauty of a blog is that I get to expand a little on my point. The quote is around the fact that Microsoft's regular GP releases are good thing. Why? Prior to MS buying GP it was often unclear when the next release was coming out. Consequently, people upgraded to what turned out to be an interim release or they held off upgrading, only to quickly be three versions behind! A more regular and transparent release schedule allows companies to evaluate their situation and make reasonable decisions about how and when to upgrade. Coincidentally, in the same issue, eWeek takes Apple to task for being too secretive and not providing enough information about upcoming releases for companies to consider Apple in their infrastructure plans. Thanks for the mention Mary Jo!